Friday, March 2, 2007

A Pause for Beauty- is changing my life!

Heron Dance Website
Purple Mountain Majesty

Purple Mountain Majesty
Limited Edition Print


by Roderick MacIver

Unframed Original (22" x 16") $800


Heron Dance is an exploration of the lives of people who walk that uncertain territory between their truth and their comfort zone. It is also an attempt, my attempt, to walk that same path. It is full of setbacks. That is fine. I get as much courage from the failures of the people I interview as their successes. The ability to relax into one's own shortcomings, and those of others, is a wonderful quality. We are all on this old rock, spinning through space. Someday, our great skyscrapers will be dust, our hydro-dams silt. In the meantime, we are given time. What will we do with it? Slowing down, a relaxed relationship with one's self, with the world and with nature - those are elusive goals, goals that involve a spirituality and a confrontation with one's forward momentum, with one's ego.

All I ever see are glimpses, and those glimpses are often contradictory. Yet somehow, I think I know truth when I see it. And when I see it, it tends to appear in the company of simplicity, humility and beauty.

Roderick MacIver, Journal Notes: You can't go deep unless you go slow - Heron Dance Anthology Volume I: Issues 1-15


The object is to keep busy being something...as opposed to doing something. We are all sent here to bring more gratitude, more kindness, more forgiveness and more love into this world. That is too big a job to be accomplished by just a few.

Richard Nelson Bolles, excerpted from What Color Is Your Parachute.

What is Heron Dance? 888-304-3766 www.herondance.org

No comments: